Goal Area 3: Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
Ensure all curriculum, instruction and assessment plans, PreK through 12, allow each student to thrive, grow and excel in the classroom, while also preparing them to be college and career ready. Provide all students with many opportunities to grow academically, artistically and athletically.
- Explore additional opportunities to provide life skills for both students and families.
- Communicate current gifted services and continue to provide and expand upon opportunities for gifted services.
- Continue to provide and expand upon opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Review and implement recommendations from the curriculum audit, including curriculum mapping, pacing and resource buying for ELA, science and social studies.
- Form an arts committee to help grow the arts program at Canton Local.
- Form an athletics committee to help grow the athletics program at Canton Local.
- Explore ways to continue to build the CTE program and expand CTE opportunities at the middle and elementary school levels.
- Review and improve assessments and how assessment data is being used.